Saturday 19 May 2012

Embattled and Empowered by Darlene Jones

Twitter is a wonderful tool for authors and readers alike to connect with one another. Since joining the "Twitterverse" (out of supreme sleep deprivation and boredom) my eyes have been opened to the world of Independent Authors and the stories they have written. Like a kid in a candy store, I am loading up my Kobo with their books!

My first "Independent Author" Blog goes to Darlene Jones.

I am currently reading her book 'Embattled'. Ms.Jones has written an unique story about a woman "Em" who is leading the ultimate double life. She's suddenly a 'superhero' dubbed the "Miracle Madame", and is saving the world, one step at a time. Em has no idea why she suddenly has this gift. It's as confusing at it is wonderful. As it turns out, she is being 'helped' by an other-worldly being named Yves, who chose her to help the World. He's new to being a Guardian, so 'Embattled' is a learning experience for both of them.
It's an interesting take on the pain and suffering in our world and what would we do if we had the 'super' power to make it a better place. You can tell the author is connected on a personal level to the story. She paints a vivid picture of what's wrong in the world and what needs attention.
I'm looking forward to seeing what Empowered has to offer!

I asked Ms. Jones to send me a blurb, and here is what she had to say!



"Living in Mali - the experience that started it all 


A long time ago, I lived in Mali. Every single day, I wished I could wave a magic wand to relieve the heart wrenching poverty. My experiences there led to the writing of EMBATTLED, which reflects my desire to wave that wand and make the world a better place—if only wishes could come true.

Initially, I intended to write “a” novel. The story and characters took over and the ending demanded another. EMPOWERED is that “other.” I've always believed we can't be the only beings existing in the vastness of the universe, There must be others “out there somewhere” and I'd like to believe they're not all that different from us. Those beliefs are reflected in my writing. My novels stay, for the most part, within the realities of our world, but I've found that I love the magic the sci-fi element of other beings could bring to a story.
In my first book, EMBATTLED, Em’s life is taken over by beings from “out there somewhere,” beings who want to make the world a better place. Problem is the being in question, Yves, is a rookie on his first assignment. Of course he messes up.
EMPOWERED continues the story as Yves is given a second chance. This time Jasmine, fueled by the visions she experienced as a child, sets out to do her bit of good for the world convinced her soulmate is anxiously waiting for her. Of course, Jasmine doesn’t expect problems. Her soulmate thinks she’s nutty as a fruitcake and Yves will find that he has to put her in danger to accomplish the goals set out for Earth on this go round.
But the story doesn’t end here. Book three, EMBRACED, will take readers on another wild ride with Yves and his adventures on Earth. Is there a happily ever after? Of course. In book four" 

Visit Darlene at her website: www.emandyves.com  to find out more!


No comments:

Post a Comment