Sunday 21 April 2013

Beautiful Stranger ~ by Christina Lauren

"Haven't we met??... You're some kind of Beautiful Stranger.........You could be good for me.... I have a taste for Danger"~ Madonna

It's been awhile since I've set foot into the club scene.
(I think Nelly was still getting 'Hot' somewhere urging women to disrobe.. and Christina was Diirty... I have no clue, the years are starting to blend together.....)

Once upon a time, I had some great nights out with friends.
Drinking, dancing, meeting cute guys.
Rejecting the not so cute ones......

There is one story that still makes me giggle to this day. (Okay, there are plenty of stories but this is the one I choose to share today!!)

My friends and I were having our drinks by the corner of the dance floor. We noticed these guys gawking at us. They were short, unattractive, cocky and somewhat gross. They stood no chance.
Naturally, when they noticed we saw them staring, they decided that meant they could zero in on us. We pretended to ignore them, but to no avail.
That particular evening, I was wearing a cute cropped, black shirt that said 'je t'aime' on it in silver glitter. One of the creeps walks up, leers at me (and when I say 'me' I mean my chest) and says in this French accent:
 "Do you know what your shirt means?"
"Yes" I replied batting my eyelashes "It means 'Fuck Off'!"
 *enter angelic grin here*

Back than subtly was not my strong suit.

If you think my being that rude deserved punishment, I got it... the guy actually thought I was joking and still wouldn't go away. Took another few minutes for them to take the hint.

So, why am I sharing to with you that particular story?
Because THAT ladies (and gentleman) was NOT a Beautiful Stranger moment.

Have YOU ever had a real Beautiful Stranger moment?
Do you even know what that means yet? Probably not......

 Well than it's time for you to meet a sizzling read!



Only very recently did I blog about writing duo Christina Hobbs and Lauren Billings and their completely sexy novel 'Beautiful Bastard'...(click here to read that review if you missed it.... it's like.... awesome)
I was/am obsessed with the book. (Hello dear sister, may I please have my copy back!) 
Many of my readers upon reading that blog review, dropped what they were reading, ran out to grab copies and have thanked me for the great recommendation!
(Seriously if you haven't read it yet, GET ON IT!!)

I told you that the minute I could get my manicured paws on a copy of their next book Beautiful Stranger, I would and report it to you ASAP!
True to my word, when the book came up for early release on April 16th, I did not hesitate to download a copy!

**Please note** The book was released early for e-book, or exclusively in Paperback at Target Stores.
May 28th is when you will find the Paperback released at other retailers!!**

After battling my Kobo for half a day (Don't get me started!! F*N technology!) the book finally registered to my device.
It didn't take me long to read at all. Just an afternoon....because OH MY GOD CHRISTINA AND LAUREN HAVE DONE IT AGAIN!!!!

Why am I so excited about these authors? (Forgive me if I repeat myself) 
Their writing style is in your face, fun, sarcastic and witty! They tell a story the way I like to hear modern day tales! It's most entertaining! To me, these books read in the same outrageous tone and language as if I were out having drinks and giggles with my girlfriends.
(We're fun)

Fans of Beautiful Bastard will be excited to hear that while this novel does not revolve around Bennett and Chloe, they most certainly ARE very much involved in this book! Never fear!!! We are not done with them yet!!

Let me tell you more!

Sara Dillion is one of Chloe's dear friends and coworkers at Ryan Media. We met Sara in Beautiful Bastard, she's spunky and fun......annnnnnnnd has moved to New York!
Beautiful Stranger is Sara's story which picks up some time after the story in BB ends. The transition between stories is seamless.
Sara ends up meeting her 'Beautiful Stranger' in a club after her breakup.....and this meeting is straight out of the 'Fantasy Hook Up' guide book. It's 'deliciously naughty'.
Like BB, we waste no time getting to the heart (sexy sexy time) parts of the story. It is a very amusing way start a novel to say the least!

Max Stella, British playboy extraordinaire, is in over his head. He can't stop thinking about that girl he met at the club. When chance has it that he and Sara (aka Petal) have more in common than realized, things start to take off.
He does what ever he can to please her. Even when it comes to her unusual new-found desires.
(You'll have to read to know what I mean)
 
That's all you get from me....I refuse to spoil this book for you!!
Beautiful Stranger may have your eyes bulging out of your head.
I am pretty sure events in this novel had ME blushing, and I assure you, that is not an easy task.

Now, some people may ask... "DO I need to read the books in order?"
Truth be told, you could easily get away with reading Beautiful Stranger first.... BUT... I wouldn't!
There is no fun in that!
You should meet the characters as they are in Book One, so you can understand a few parts in Book Two.

Will there be more books released?
Yes! Novellas and Another Book titled "Beautiful Player'
You KNOW I will keep an eye out for them!!
(Purchase, completely devour them... than tell you all about it...)

So, all in all. If you see a book with "Christina Lauren" as the author......

Read the damn book!

xoxo

Happy Reading.

Here is the book description from Amazon.com:

"Escaping a cheating ex, finance whiz Sara Dillon's moved to New York City and is looking for excitement without a lot of strings attached. So meeting the irresistible, sexy Brit at a dance club should have meant nothing more than a night's fun. But the manner--and speed--with which he melts her inhibitions turns him from a one-time hookup and into her Beautiful Stranger.

The whole city knows Max Stella loves women, not that he's ever found one he particularly wants to keep around. Despite pulling in plenty with his Wall Street bad boy charm, it's not until Sara--and the wild photos she lets him take of her--that he starts wondering if there's someone for him outside of the bedroom.

Hooking up in places where anybody could catch them, the only thing scarier for Sara than getting caught in public is having Max get too close in private."









No comments:

Post a Comment